Architects and Home Builders: Organize your Business Finances!
The Two Page Mini Business Plan™ helps successful architects and home builders achieve their financial goals with tools, templates, and sample Business Plans.
* You need a written Business Plan in order to create the life you want
One of the biggest mistakes architects and home builders make is not having a Business Plan. I remember a client years ago: My home-design-builder client drove up in a huge pickup truck, cell phone in one hand, blue prints in the other. Frazzled and discombobulated he said "Am I late?"
I got a quick look inside his truck. Papers were strewn everywhere. Receipts, credit card bills, and other byproducts of owning a successful yet unorganized business.
"I can't seem to find anything and my CPA says I need to get my act together."
I said "This keeps coming up. When do you want to do something about it?"
If you're an architect, home builder, or home designer, you are most likely in a similar predicament. You're good at what you do, but not so good at running a business. This article will at help you organize your business finances so that your CPA will be happy and you can sleep soundly at night.
Is there a better way to organize your business finances other than throwing everything into your pickup truck? You bet. Follow the steps below to create a simple, yet functional way to organize your business and live a more carefree life.
Planning Guide, Sample Plans, Marketing Tools, e-course & more!
Step 1 – Get a three ring Binder - A 2” or 3” binder would be adequate for most architects or home builders. You'll be using one binder for each year you are in business going forward. All details pertaining to your business will be in one place so that you won't have to go searching for anything. On the cover type the name of your business and the year.
Step 2 – Purchase a Three Hole Punch and an accordion folder – You'll be putting all receipts in your accordion folder and then placing them in the three ring binder every day when you get back to the office. All papers and correspondence will fit neatly into your binder.
Step 3 - Get a Zipper Compartment – Purchase a plastic zipper compartment from an office supply store to hold small receipts.
Step 4 – Hire an Accountant and Purchase Accounting Software – Get yourself accounting software like QuickBooks or Microsoft Small Business so that you can track your finances. Professional architects and home designers track their profits and losses using the right tools and analyze their financials regularly. Start tracking sales and expenses at the beginning of the year for best results.
Step 5 – THE SYSTEM: Arrange paperwork in your binder according to month. Keep all receipts, credit card statements, bank statements, and sales tax reports (make sure your accountant reconciles these monthly). At the end of each month, run a Profit and Loss Statement and a Balance Sheet (collectively known as Financial Statements). Use the Financials as separators for each month. File small receipts that can’t be hole-punched in the zipper compartment at the back of your binder.
Step 6 – CLOSE IT OUT – At the end of each year, reconcile your accounts, print your annual Financial Statements, and close out your year. Put the binder away and start a new one for the New Year. Give your accountant or CPA a copy of your QuickBooks file to prepare your income tax return.
- Only handle receipts one time. Review them. Record them in your software program. File them in your binder.
- Get a business credit card for your company. Any outstanding balance will not appear on your personal credit history. This way you can maintain separate business and personal expenses. If you ever need to carry a balance, you can easily determine the tax-deductible interest.
- Consult with your accountant or CPA regarding what is and is not tax deductible.
- Make an appointment with yourself one to two hours a week to do your business finance organization. Hire an accountant to do the detailed work, but never hand it off to them – always review and ask questions. Never lose control of your business finances.
This system is one way to organize your architect or home builder business finances. If you would like an easy way to to organize your business for financial success, you may want to consider writing a Plan.
This is what you get with my system:
1. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, PDF Template – For brainstorming and hand-written notations
2. Two-Page Mini Business Plan™, Word Template – To create your final Digital Business Plan for saving and printing as needed
3. Seventeen Page Instruction E-Book
4. Sample - Architect - Home Builder - Business Plan
• Many other industry Plans
•The Success Book Daily Action Planner – - How to focus on your goals
•Marketing Activities Idea Bank - loaded with marketing ideas to build your business
•Marketing Calendar Spreadsheet - enter all your marketing tactics into the color-coded excel calendar to plan your activities efficiently
•Marketing Return On Investment Spreadsheet - measure your marketing results to determine what you should do more of and what you should let go
• Important BONUS!! Emailed E-Course - Written by Suzanne Muusers - coach to successful entrepreneurs -this ecourse is all about how to build a profitable, branded business. This six day automated E-Course is emailed directly to you and will give you tips, tools, strategies, and unique ideas you can use to write a Plan of true value.
Regular Price $199.95
Introductory Price $59.00 (US Dollars)
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
*** If you hired me for six months to work on designing a winning business and marketing plan you would spend over $2,800.00. By purchasing this system, you are learning in a week what it took me years and years to discover. You will cut years off your learning curve with the sample plans provided.
My Personal Guarantee!
If you're not completely satisfied with my program after completing the plan and using the tools — I'll return your money!
I'm 100% confident that my package will be the absolute best, most complete and most useful system to create a plan that gets results.
More than that, I'm confident that if you employ all the techniques and resources I share with you, you'll gain a noticeable amount of new business over the next year and beyond.
So if the system isn't everything you were expecting, and all my tips and resources don't produce the results you were looking for, just ask me for a refund within three months of your purchase.
No reason needed. No questions asked.
Bonus Reason to purchase today! You are purchasing this program to improve your business, therefore your purchase is 100% tax deductible. That makes this an even better deal -- you really can't lose!
About the Author:
Suzanne Muusers is an ICF-Member Business Coach who has worked with hundreds of successful clients including independent financial advisors, investment executives, and finance career professionals since 2004. She helps clients develop their Value Proposition, Ideal Client Profile, and Branding Approach so that their marketing message appeals to affluent clients.
Prosperity Coaching LLC
Copyright© 2009-2014 |Suzanne Muusers | All Rights Reserved| Prosperity Coaching LLC